Subject: Re: [Leica] From this weekend- Robert & Vick
From: "James A. Gatlin" <jagatlin@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:46:10 -0800

Robert!

WOW... you have a sharp eye... sharp indeed!

I shot this event with two cameras, my M4-P and a 35mm cron.....
and a Nikon F3 fitted with a 135mm, f2.8. I shot quite a bit of film, using
both cameras, depending on my vantage point to the subject, and of course,
it is easy to tell which film was shot in which camera.

You are correct, this particular image was shot with the Nikon.

However, the harshness and the lack of details in some areas is due more to
the harsh overhead light.. in my opinion... and the fact that the film was
push processed... not the Nikon lens (however, since you were able to
identify it, you may be more correct than I am). :-)

I do not own a Leica lens longer than a 50mm, so from time to time, when I
am shooting something where access is somewhat restricted, I do bring out
the other gear. I posted the photo (Nikon made) to this list to share the
subject more than anything else, but I will indeed post some of the MP-4
images later.

Jim G.