Subject: RE: [Leica] What Makes a good Picture?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:05:28 -0500

Speaking of drawings and photos ...60 Minutes last night had a
fascinating report on David Hockey and his theory that the great leap
forward in drawing and painting in the early 15th century was a result
of the use of optics - the Camera Obscura - to allow the tracing of
images...(I know, I know, Hockey has a written a book about his theory
and it has been oft reported - but it was fascinating none the less.)
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the report was how foolish one of
the curators of NY's Metropolitan Museum of Art appeared as he tried to
dismiss the Hockey theory....