Subject: Re: [Leica] Perspective controls
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 19:04:15 -0800

on 12/2/02 12:26 PM, rodgersd@fosterfarms.com at rodgersd@fosterfarms.com
wrote:

> I'm more aware of lines than ever. It's not like I was unaware before. But
> for some reason working with digital tools has hightened that awareness to
> things that, in the past, weren't so obvious. And it's carried through the
> how I view things in the viewfinder. I just wonder if others have had the
> same experience.

Something sure has heightened my awareness through the viewfinder.  I'm much
more aware of camera steadiness and plane of focus, and more cautious of
blowing out highlights than before.  All these issues become very apparent
with a good scan where I may have blamed my projection, printing or viewing
tools in the past when the problems were actually in the original slide.

OTOH, since my work with digital printing coincided to a large degree with
my participation in the LUG, the heightened awareness may also be from
reading commentary and critique of PAWs and other posted photos.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com