Subject: [Leica] (Reposted) PWIFLIs: Seattle, Fog and Sunshine
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:43:02 -0800

I'm reposting this, because I saved the original JPEGs at too low a
resolution.  Thanks to Robert Stevens for pointing it out. That's been
remedied, and I've enlarged a couple of the pictures as well.  The files
are quite a bit bigger now, but worth the wait, I think.
- -----

(PWIFLI:  Picture When I Feel Like It)

Ever have one of those days that turn into a "God, I love living here!"
experience?  Saturday was such a day in Seattle.  After spending most of
the day shrouded in pea soup fog, we were treated to a late afternoon that
was alternately foggy and sunny, and the effect was just gorgeous.  After
Henning's wonderful Vancouver pictures of Fog Dancing About Architecture,
I'm a little hesitant to add a faint "Me, too" from a few leagues south,
but here goes:

http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/11downtownfogbird.htm  (209 K)
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/15fogplane.htm  (80 K)
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/20downtownfog.htm  (133 K)
http://www.2alpha.com/~pklein/temp/21downtownfogsweep.htm	(144 K)

Best viewed full screen at 1024x768.  These pictures were taken in West
Seattle, the first two from Alki Beach, the second two from a little park
atop a bluff on California Avenue.

This is really medium format territory, or at least tripod and Kodachrome
territory. I had my bare hands and a roll of Kodak Gold 400 that they gave
away at the LHSA meeting.  Comments welcome.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA