Subject: Re: [Leica] Time-line: focal length in centimeters versus millimeters on projection lenses, Epidiaskop IIIs
From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:31:18 -0500

Willem-Jan:

You've got me beat... you win the kudos for having perhaps the largest
photographic item on the LUG.

Now that printing companies are going digital, computer to plate, they
don't need process lenses or light tables any longer.

So, having wanted such a device ever since I took up LF shooting to
view/compare slides from 35mm to 11x14 inches, I bought one "cheap"
through eb*y from a printing company about 40 miles from my home here in
Massachusetts.

If you care to look it's Item # 1791095985

116cm wide, 96cm deep and 90cm tall - approx.

I went to get it with my small pickup truck and I knew that I that I was
in a little bit of a "fix" when the seller used a fork lift to load the
table into my truck.  When I arrived home I found that my son (21) and I
could not lift it.  So I disassembled it in the truck and we carried all
of the pieces into the house for re-assembly.

Big, but I can view/compare four 11x14s, some 8x10s and strips of 6x6
and 35mm simultaneously.

- --

Jim - http://www.hemenway.com