Subject: Re: [Leica] Time-line: focal length in centimeters versus millimeters on projection lenses, Epidiaskop IIIs
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 13:49:30 +0100 (MET)

> "Canada is not in the US"
> This will not surprise Canadians, but may puzzle the millions of young
> Americans who couldn't find the Pacific Ocean recently.

I can't help but visualizing, literally, a couple of million young people
wandering around Kansas, lost, looking for the Pacific Ocean.

But Americans shouldn't take this _too_ hard. It might be a sign of living
in such a huge country that there's not enough time to digest the rest of
the world. Granted, with regard to America's power in the world, it would
be nice with a little more knowledge (wouldn't want them dropping bombs
over Kansas). But I've met people in Africa who have a very dim view of
world geography. There's Africa and there's the rest of the world.

Still ... that train of youths drifting around, looking for the Pacific
... :)

Daniel