Subject: Re: [Leica] Reflex vs. RF
From: "Douglas Herr"<telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 08:01:59 -0800

> Perhaps I show my ingorance here . . . but why
> did they discontinue the R6.2?

I heard it was a shutter supply problem.  Not really sure, though.

> The R6.2 seemed to combine a good
> balance of new (multiple meters - TTL flash)
> and classic (mechanical all manual body and it
> wasn't as big as a tank like the R8/9).  Just
> wondering.

It's not as robust as the Leicaflexes, and some of us prefer a larger camera
body.  The small R4-R7 bodies handle well when used with smaller lenses but
with a larger lens I need a better grip than these cameras allow.  I tried the
Winder-R and grip; this convinced me that the R4-R7 bodies are not for me.
The grip prevented me from reaching the shutter speed dial or mode selector
switch and with the 400 Telyt was painfully uncomfortable.

Doug Herr<BR>Birdman of Sacramento<BR>http://www.wildlightphoto.com