Subject: RE: [Leica] Reflex vs. RF
From: rodgersd@fosterfarms.com
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:56:54 -0800

Randy

>>I know the R series cameras may not 'feel' like the M series, but my
friend
just bought a Nikon D100 and brought it by to show me.  After holding it my
R4 with winder and 90 Summicron feels WWWWAAAAYYYYY better!  Guess
everything is relative.  The D100 feels like a toy.<<

I could live with the fact that most of the new digital cameras feel like
toys. After all, I suspect most will be outdated long before they wear out.
But what I really find lacking in most digital SLRs is the viewfinder. I
have a difficult time paying over $2K for any SLR with a viewfinder that's
no better than that found in a $100 P&S.

Maybe the theory behind digital cameras is that you really don't need to
frame that well. You just need to generate more image files and hope that
one of them turns out. :-)

DaveR