Subject: Re: [Leica] Reflex vs. RF
From: rodgersd@fosterfarms.com
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:38:39 -0800

Doug,

>>The small R4-R7 bodies handle well when used with smaller lenses but
with a larger lens I need a better grip than these cameras allow.<<

For me the R7 and SL are both great cameras. My R7 is pretty sturdy. It has
some really nice features. The SL has a better viewfinder, IMO. The best of
any SLR I've used.

I glanced at some older Shutterbugs from the mid '90s and was amazed to see
that the R7 listed for $2,795. The SL was probably similar in real terms
back in the '60s and '70s. Not inexpensive, but make to last. Like the M.

I agree that the SL is a better fit with the bigger lenses. My SL has the
older meter cell and still has the plastic lens release. I've been meaning
to send it to Sherry for a CLA and upgrade, but I hate to send in a camera
that's still working like a charm.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from Bill Stanke <bstanke@turbonet.com> (Re: [Leica] Reflex vs. RF)