Subject: RE: [Leica] Sywell Country Park
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:58:32 -0500

There is no way we can spot the Leica quality difference from
web photos displayed on the screen.   When you see a high quality
image on the screen it has more to do with the quality of the scan,
and the post-processing than the quality of the lens.  Even on prints,
often the skills of a good printer (which I am not) are required to show
off that quality (or defect, as the case may be).  And you need
to print big enough.

So when we ooh and aah over the PAWs, it often has nothing to do
with Leica quality.  On the other hand, there are plenty of excellent
web photos done with P&S.  See for example,
http://photography-on-the.net/gallery/list.php?exhibition=2

- - Phong

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] sywell quality/or great images)