Subject: Re: [Leica] A hint of what's coming in Freedom's land?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 18:17:59 +0100

No, that is what commercials are for. When I moved from Denmark to the
U.S. in 1983, I was initially annoyed about all the commercials on TV,
especially in the middle of shows (at that time Denmark had no
commercial television, everything was like PBS). But over time I
realized that they are in fact a great benefit, for two reasons:

1) (most important) The one you just mentioned--you can heed nature's
call without missing any of the show.

2) Commercials on commercial television are often much better than the
shows they are in. As George Will once wrote, they are the most
believeable part of television.

Nathan

bdcolen wrote:
> So, uh, if I go to the bathroom during the Bud commercial, I am
> "stealing" the programming?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland