Subject: Re: [Leica] The Police and the Constitution
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 12:03:25 -0800

Damn spel check; make that statutes

At the kind of events, or activities, that I cover there is usually a
lawyer, if not a team. More often than not, they will be there with a
book of statuettes to point to the boys in blue what the legal rights
are.
Lately, the DoJ, has been having its own observers on the ground, in
causal uniform, with a DoJ patch on their shirts and hats. This was an
outcome of the persistent tense relations between the LAPD and the
public.
But I don't want anybody to think that I'm anti police from my
commentaries. In my case I've seen them hold the line between a melee to
an outright meltdown, without the use of force, that is nothing short of
miraculous. The LAPD Labor Detail in particular, is a model used by the
rest of the country. Their ability to mediate on the spot and diffuse a
situation, I'm beginning to think, is worthy of a photographic essay.
Slobodan Dimitrov