Subject: Re: [Leica] Nachtwey in war photographer
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 11:20:29 -0800

> You can *interview* supermodels!??

In 1977 I was doing an interview of a model for a local magazine. About halfway through the interview she made the decision that she would be better able to communicate with me if she took off all of her clothes, which she did. She then acted as if nothing had changed, and continued with the interview expecting me to do the same. It did not end up being a very good interview; I had trouble doing what *I* wanted to do once she disrobed.

I think her point was that her appearance, which was compleetely nonverbal, was part of her message.

Since my role was writer and not photographer I did not ask permission to take her picture. I had my IIIf with me, but didn' use it.