Subject: Re: [Leica] Do I need a 'slim' filter for a 24mm elmarit?
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:12:13 -0600

What Ted and Doug said . . .

That said, I damaged my 90 tele-elmarit because I was careless, and
accidentally dropped a ball point pen head point first into the camera
bag; it fell in a  direct hit onto my front element.   I now back cap
my lenses when I put them into the bag, (shade on) face down.   Though
as far as I can see it has had absolutely NO effect on the image.

However, I have NEVER had front surface damage on a camera I was
carrying.  Any damage to a lens has ALWAYS been a consequence of how I
stored it.

Two shots with my "damaged"  TE shot wide open

http://www.sonc.com/paw/shopping.htm

http://www.sonc.com/jackson.htm

Regards,

SonC