Subject: [Leica] Re: Way OT: State Leicas
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:51:44 -0500

2002-12-10-12:47:48 Martin Howard:
> Any large rangefinder gets called a "Texas Leica" -- in some way odd,
> since I thought Texas was only the second largest state in the US,
> after California.

Second largest, yes;  after CA, I don't think so.

Reminds me of the old joke: after listening to the Texan brag over and
over how everything about his state is the biggest, the Alaskan suggests
that if he and his kind don't shut up, Alaska will split itself in
half... and then there there will be *two* states bigger than Texas.

California: 155,973 square miles;
     Texas: 261,914 square miles;
    Alaska: 570,374 square miles.

Replies: Reply from Rob Heyman <rheyman@bigpond.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: Way OT: State Leicas)