Subject: RE: OT Re: [Leica] Littman 4x5 single (the Texas Leica)
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:21:35 -0700

> Well, I did notice that it has those, and I really do
> think it is an interesting camera. I was just teasing
> about the TX Leica bit, if only because so many
> cameras are called that (Fuji 6x9, Mamiya 7 etc). It
> almost seems like musicians who claim to be 'the fifth
> Beatle'. Although 4x5 is bigger than I can use, the
> Littman seems like a very good tool for it's target
> audience.

Hmmm the Northwest Territories up here split in two a couple or so years
back (now NWT and Nunavut), and each half is still bigger than Texas (as I
heard a Mountie pointing out to some US hunters... :-)   ), so I think we'll
claim the Littman. Although I think the official "leica" of the Territories
is the Koni Omega - it'll still work down to -45c with that pushmepullyou
wind on and giant focus knob when wearing mitts, and you can still use it to
like an axe to chip out bits of lake ice to brew tea or whirl it around your
head to keep the sled dogs under control - though I'm pretty sure the weight
once caused a Skidoo to flip...

Now I think about it, the Littman might be too much of a girlie man's camera
;-)

tim