Subject: Re: [Leica] New TSA and air travel with film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 06:48:17 -0800

Tim Atherton
Subject: [Leica] New TSA and air travel with film

> For those who fret about flying with film (as I do...), check out this
> thread about the new Transportation Security Administration - it at least
> sounds like the honeymoon period is going to be pleasant....
>
> http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0049jU<<<

Hi Tim,
It's interesting information alright. However, this applies to the US and
will not have any effect in other countries.

Another thing, it maybe an order by the Transportation Authority in writing
and law but it still comes down to the local security person doing it or not
doing it. Or you stand there getting into a fit about "rights or not"
particularly when you hit a super busy time with lots of bodies going
through.

In case: Ask for a hand inspection and that triggers getting it done at the
expense of being almost stripped from shoes to a firm pat down to "every
roll hand checked by an explosive detecting wand" and if you have 60 rolls
or more it can mean standing there while the security person meticulously
checks every roll slowly and efficiently.

A scary routine as the minutes tick away till take off .

However thanks for the info, it's printed and in the passport for the flight
into the US next week. I'll let you know if it works, as there'll be some
1600 Neopan going and coming. And would you really let some unknown person
soup your film ?
ted

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] New TSA and air travel with film)