Subject: [Leica] Imacon scanners
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:06:37 EST

Slobadan,

I own a Dunvegan drum scanner and an Imacon 848 and I love the 848 as much as
I (sometimes) hate the drum. It is the Ferrari of scanners ...and it costs
like one too!

I have owned six different previous scanners in the past two years, so I have
done a fair amount of comparison too. (Agfa Duoscan, 2 Nikons (4000 & 8000),
Minolta Dimage 4800 pro, Imacon Photo, Dunvegan 10,000dpi Hi Scan, and
finally the 848.) Yes, I'm finally in love. ;-)

Perhaps your best way to get less biased opinions (I am a dealer) is to join
the Imacon Users List. Yes, there is one!

imaconusers@yahoogroups.com

It is not monitored by Imacon so far as I have ever seen.

Wanna buy a Dunvegan cheap? <g>

cheers,
Rich
www.photovillage.com