Subject: RE: [Leica] digital results
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:02:29 -0500

> A major French photo mag has just tested the new Canon
> 11megapixel job and they're
> reporting results as good as with a Hasselblad w/50mm lens and
> lower speed film --
> definitely superior to 24 x 36 film.
>
> What do our LUG experts say about this?
>
> Emanuel Lowi
> Montreal

Emanuel,

It depends on what one means by "results as good as" and "superior".  It
absolutely is not "results as good as" in my book as a Hasselblad 6x6.  I
shoot digital that is far better than that camera and I do not draw that
conclusion.  I have only one digital back that is equal in a lot of
respects, but it's a 7k x 7k (which is 49M pixels, a LOT more than 11M
pixels), and it's a studio scanning back...but it's damn good, but not as
good as my best film.

It is probably equal to some decent 35mm though.

Austin