Subject: [Leica] better sharpness in digital cameras
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:33:27 -0800

I've heard that if you disassemble a floppy disk and attach the brown ferromagnetic disc itself to the back of your digital camera, the pixels will be sharper in the resulting image because of a quantum clustering effect between the Fe3O4 molecules in the floppy disc and the Niobium used in the digital image memory. I tried it and the resulting picture sure looked much sharper to me.

Since the glass in Leica lenses is doped with Niobium, maybe it will have some sort of synergistic effect with the digital image memory, too, thereby getting more than 2 megapixels' worth of sharpness out of a digital camera with a 2Mpx CCD?

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] better sharpness in digital cameras)
Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: better sharpness in digital cameras)