Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital versus film
From: "Brent Dorsett" <brentd@nyct.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:10:54 -0500

I fell in love with a M3 about 1964, while visiting NYC as a student. I've
been using Leicas ever since. I guess I have owned  ( and used ) the very
best Leica and Zeiss and Nikon lenses and always been a stickler for image
quality.

Now, after a year of shooting digitally ( E20N and D100 ), if I'm really
honest with myself, I can see little future for film. Of course, I do admit
it was a natural for me, since I have been using Photoshop as long as it has
been around and am quite facile with it. The Leicas now fill a ancillary
role, with very wide angle lenses, but, for the most part I reach for the
digital cameras every time.

There, I've gotten it off my chest. I'll just go quietly now and fall on my
Apo Telyt M.

Brent Dorsett --- NYC

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] gyro stabiliser)