Subject: [Leica] TIP: Useful wideangle accessory
From: richard torsleff <richard.torsleff@ellips-ark.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:20:42 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to the group. Seems like a good one, although the digital-or-film
battles seem to rave here as well...Myself, I'm returning to using B&W film
(incl. developing again), after 2 years of digital camera use. Since I
don't have time for traditional printing anymore, I scan and print my negs.
I like the process, and the results are a lot better.

Just a quick shopping tip for wide-angle users (21 and 24  and wider) for
those who haven't found this one yet.  I find it good for critical handheld
work with the need to keep the camera level (giving superior results in
architectural but also much street photography, but hard to achieve
handheld with the very wides and their non-corrected finders). Personally I
use it on my M6 and a also a Plaubel Veriwide.

Check out Voigtlander's excellent double-shoe solution, where your usual
wideangle finder is coupled to a very well made spirit level finder that
can be seen simultaneously from the same eye point. I haven't seen Leica's
own 21-28 finder with a built in bubble level, but similar finders I have
used by Mamiya or Hasselblad are much less exact/useful than this
Voigtlander one. Also it comes cheap, at least by Leica standards. While on
their page, browse their regular finders too. Excellent value and
high-point solutions for those who use glasses.

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtacc.htm

The spirit finder may look funny, but it works.

Best Regards,

Richard Torsleff

Ellips Arkitekter AB
Stadsgarden 17