Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Price increase
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:13:50 -0500

Sal,

>     1.- Many of you feel the employees of Leica do not deserve an increase
> in salary.

Er, no...not given what I've seen come out of there.

>     2.- Leica AG never has any increases in the cost of doing business.
>     3.- Their suppliers do not have or are not permitted to have increases
> in their cost of doing business.

They should sell MORE cameras, not LESS...and a price increase can very well
mean they will sell less.

>     4.- Leica should lower its prices and eventually go out of business.

If they go out of business, it won't be for lowering it's prices, but for
simply not having product that enough people want.

>     5.- Most of you have absolutely no idea of how to run an international
> business.

And the international business that you run is called.....?????

Austin

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Price increase)