Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Price increase
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:05:18 +0100 (MET)

> emails.  This is the Leica Users Group not the Leica Booster Club which
> means we should feel free to complain about any and all things Leica
> including price.

Sheessh .. what else is new? Leicas are expensive cameras? They are _very_
expensive cameras. And once they are _very_ expensive, what does the odd
buck here or there matter? I'd rather see them stay in business.

Even now we buy "over-priced" technology. So if Leica raises the price, we
will still do it. If that helps them break-even ... well, they know their
market :)

We don't buy Leicas like bricks a film. The extra cost, spread over the
years we use the stuff, is simply coins.

But then again ... I'm still using an M2, M3 and M4 with lousy Summicrons
from the seventies. But I have to admit ... this more expensive stuff is
probably better ... maybe I'll take the bait :)

Daniel