Subject: Re: [Leica] Alert ! Leica-Camera France : complete stock stolen.
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:35:24 +0100

The problem with the web site below is that you have to ask if a
certain serial number lens/camera has been stolen. A bit difficult if
you are at a flea market (unless you bring your computer and a mobile
phone and a few tricks). Once back home it may be too late, and then
it does not help that response time is very short (it is!).

I would prefer a list per item, listing, say, all stolen Summicron M
50 mm. I would print out the list and take it along to the photo flea
market and check lens number against list before buying.

BTW two weeks ago I just missed an M7 on e-bay. The seller was a well
known shop here and I rung them up to ask if they might have a second
one. Yes, they said, according to our computer stock records we have
one more in chrome, but we can not find it in our shop in XYZ city.
The following week a chrome  M7 was being offered on ebay by a seller
in XYZ city. I emailed the shop, but have not heard from them.
However my subsequent email to the seller asking him about the
guarantee bounced, so I have drawn my conclusions. Next time I go to
the shop I will follow up.

Chris