Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital versus film (LONG!!)
From: "David Rodgers" <daverodgers@lightcurves.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:15:55 -0800

Martin,

Pardon me, but I dug through the LUG archives and I found your post  from the 1950s. Appears you were right then, too.

In 1955 Martin wrote....

"6) Parting thoughts.

I don't think that color film is a fad.  Nor do I think that b/w film will disappear in the near future.  They will co-exist.  For many professionals, color photography offers advantages over b/w photography.  But for most *serious* amateurs (including many on this list, fine art photographers [pro or amatuer], and suchlike), however, I would argue that b/w has many advantages over color.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a resurgance of interest in b/w photography in about five-ten years, much like there will be in radio, after television is introduced, with much higher quality than today, but more specialized listeners."

- --
DaveR
www.lightcurves.com

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Digital versus film (LONG!!))