Subject: [Leica] Re: R9 is here!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:52:18 -0500

Hi!
    Isn't it nice? It really is lighter - mainly when used alone, w/o motor.
Put the motor on, and it's 'feels' to me to be just a bit lighter than the
R8's. Mine's 'anthracite' as well - but according to Putz, it's painted on!
Seems like a strong finish however. The two things I like the most are the
lighted LCD and, best, the adjustable Matrix meter system (That's a great
feature!). I also think the battery drain from the motor is less, but that
may be imagined. Yes - it's a warmed up R8, but nicely warmed!
    Let us all know what you think!
    Ed