Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R9 is Here!
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 14:54:26 -0400

I don't know where you guys get this idea that a camera should be
balanced.  It feels fine to me and I actually like the slighly bottom heavy
feel when the motor is mounted.  This is with the 50mm Summilux.  With
other lenses, the balance will change.  BTW, we are talking about cameras
not throwing darts ;-)

I am going to give the R9 a try tonight.  It will not be very balanced
though, as I will be shooting with the 400mm F2.8 ;-)  A bit front heavy.

I didn't think the weight difference would be that noticeable, but it
feels  significantly lighter.  I would bet the R9 is now lighter than most
other manufacturers high end cameras.

Regards,

Robert