Subject: Re: [Leica] Agfa Ultra 100 - images
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:16:51 -0800

Yes, totally straight. They were both taken with a Leica Mini 3 camera,
and it has a bit of fall-off at the edges that I believe is partially
responsible for the sky being so deep. But the scan I posted is right
from a mini-lab print.  In the 20 X 30 print I have of the Oak tree the
blue sky is much stronger. That image is really all about color, and
the strength of the colors is what makes the large size work. The
simplicity of the composition is key to allowing the colors to dominate
too, I think.

I have taken hundreds of photos of that tree, but that one remains my
favorite some 5 years later. Unfortunately, the tree is in decline now
due to drought and subsequent infestation. With the rain we have been
getting, and the promised el Nino, it might be saved and once again
show its vibrant green hues.

Thanks for looking,
- - marc