Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo books under the tree?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:01:00 -0500

While people who have visually oriented talent often seem to have it in
more than one media, and while musical talent and some degree of visual
talent often seem related, I don't think that it's at all unusual to
find that someone talented in a visual field - say photography - can't
express themselves using written language. Which is to say - there's no
reason to expect that a good photographer will be a good writer. For an
example of this, take a look at Larry Towle's Mennonites - great photos;
awful prose - although the reporting is pretty good.

B. D.