Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo books under the tree?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:49:52 -0500

Barney = No argument. :-) There are many folks in newsrooms who are far
better reporters than they are writers, and vice versa. The former are
usually saved by strong editors, and the latter - well, the latter
either have good enough reporting skills to get by, or they tend to
write fluff.

Seriously though, if someone's reporting skills are strong, the facts
can fight their way through turgid writing. I think the Towle book is an
excellent example of this; he provides an enormous amount of information
about the Mennonites, but his presentation screams "lousy writer." ;-)

B. D.