Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica / Canon Combo
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:14:33 -0500

Hey Rob,  Interesting comparison.  You can see some digital noise in the
orange stripe in the background and on the goalie's jersey.  Of course
there is grain all over the film image.  One is not necessarily better
than the other, just different.  The digital file seems to have some
edge effects which amplify the apparent sharpness.

To some degree these factors are manipulatable in software.  I would be
interested in seeing what the original scan looked like.

Thanks,

Mike D