Subject: Re: [Leica] old lens lube?
From: "Gerhard Paulman" <gerhardp@inch.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:26:55 -0500

I've had acceptable results with 3 in 1 oil on my 50's Nokton, which was
last CLA'd when I was in the Army in Germany during the sixties.  It's not
the answer I prefer, but I'm not sure who will be able to CLA it here, and
it's low priority because I'm exploring a 35 mm now.

You have to work it back and forth quite a bit at first, and a lot of crud
will come out along with bubbles.  Eventually things settle down to an
almost normal movement.

Gerhard