Subject: [Leica] A Leica New Year. :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:24:01 -0800

Howdy folks,
Just a word or two on the passing of this 2002 and the beginning of 2003.

I've had a great year with no regrets, actually it's been fabulous. A couple
of new M7's, a lens or two for the R8's. The odd meaningless altercation of
nothings in reality to the real world.  Stayed vertical and breathing and
certainly looking forward to that for the new year. Met a number of new LEG
& LUG folks eye to eye along the way and as usual, you're all a pretty damn
fine group of people when face to face.:-)

And one of the best features of the internet is the friends we make along
the way through this world-wide list of strangers due to a simple little
camera, a Leica. :-) Not too long ago most of us would never have met nor
felt the warm handshake of friendship, today many of us have acquired face
to face friends in many countries that we'd never have had in earlier days.
Without a doubt we're all better for it my friends.

Ask a question and one is inundated with wonderful informative responses,
the helping hands always there to assist with any situation to be answered.
We see the wealth and warmth of the system when a hurt or tragedy occurs to
a member or their family, it's the outpouring of  "get better, be more
careful. or sympathies.etc" And if it's a pet, it's really amazing the
caring responses from one pet owner to another,.Who'd have ever thought
Oskar Barnack would've started all this simply by making a small 35mm camera
many years ago. :-)

What do I look for in 2003 ? Staying vertical and breathing number one,
making sure I keep "she who must be obeyed" with a happy face. A crucial
factor, given Sandy Carter and I will be spending a great deal of time on
the road and in the air, shooting to complete our "Women in Medicine. This
is Our Work." B&W book.

Hopefully more face to face encounters and warm handshakes with the
wonderful people of this list. Obviously a party or two during those meet &
greets.;-)  Look guys and gals we always have to keep the priorities right,
otherwise life becomes just a thing of day to day misery! ;-) So it's
prudent to hold a party now and again. ;-)

So with that, I wish everyone the same for good health, prosperity and well
being. That we will all live in peace and good feeling for each other, that
our photography becomes more exciting with great exposures and incredible
content. May the Light be with you all.
all the best for 2003!

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited