Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: how to move lots of GB between computers
From: "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:22:58 -0000

Nathan,

With a couple of 100Mbps Ethernet cards, it shouldn't take much longer than
an hour to transfer the data.  Ethernet cards for desktop PCs are pretty
cheap (I'd budget the equivalent of £20 or so - although you can pick them
up for much less).  You may find that the new system already has an Ethernet
connection, so it may only be necessary to buy one for the Older PC.  If you
get a crossover cable, there is no need to buy a hub.

HTH

Mark Pope
Swindon Wilts, UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk