Subject: Re: [Leica] Thread on Bikes and Leicas
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:23:03 -0800 (PST)

This might come as a complete surprise to you. In the
world of cycling, where lightweight is paramount and
people spend thousands of dollars on exotic parts just
to lighten a few more grams, the M will be
prohibitively heavy. When I'm out cycling, I just
carry an Olympus Stylus in my jersey pocket. There's
still a lot of debate among cyclists as to the
importance of weight, but that only counts while one
is competing when losing 10 seconds every 10 miles
will equate of losing 100 seconds in a century race.
Ironically, its us amateur wannabe "pros" that are
hooked in cycling wants a "dream bike" that weighs
practically nil -- just like Leica users wanting the
best equipment, but not necessarily for professional
usage.