Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder eyepiece thread
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:42:47 -0700

Ouch! Unfortunately the only way to fix those threads is to replace the
top plate. Normally I would advise you to use the mildest Lock-Tite you
can find but, as the threads are badly damaged, try the Cylindrical
Retaining Compound #620. Use it VERY sparingly and rotate the eyepiece
as you install it.

  DO NOT GET ANY ON THE PRISM OR ALLOW ANY TO DRIP INSIDE THE CAMERA.

Sorry for the bad luck,

John Collier