Subject: [Leica] Why is Martin selling his Bessa R2??
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 13:41:18 -0800

I thought we'd been over this to death, but I keep on getting email
from people asking me why I'm selling it, especially since it's so new.

So, here it is:  The Bessa R2 (*not* Bessa R) works perfectly.  It is a
very well-built, comfortable, pocketable rangefinder with a superb
viewfinder (better than Leica's IMHO).  I bought it on an impulse, as
part of a package including other items, but realized, upon getting it,
that I don't need another rangefinder camera.  I already have an M2,
and M6TTL, Bessa L, and Bessa T.

I didn't realize it was going to be so much hassle involved in selling
it.  I thought that offering a like new, boxed Bessa R2 camera at $100
off retail would see it sold within a few days, but I've probably got
ten emails from people (who are not interested in buying it) asking me
why I want to sell it, another five people who've said they've wanted
it and backed out at the last minute without another word, and one
person who (after trying it) was disappointed that the R2 was inferior
to their M3 (duh!)

I think I'll just keep it and use it instead...  Anyone gotta Bessa
softie left over?

M.