Subject: RE: [Leica] user leicameters
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 16:50:31 -0500

The Leica M meter uses no batteries, and has a wide angle of acceptance, doesn't work well in low light situations. It uses a selenium cell, which can fade with age, but I find it quite useful using color print film, which has a wider latitude than slide.
The MR meter uses the PX625 battery, uses a CDS cell, has a narrower angle of acceptance, and is accurate enough to use with slide film.
Both meters will couple with the M2,3 and 4 shutter speed dials, and will provide proper readout on all those cameras.
They do reduce the settings by one step, as the shutter speed gets set through the coupling, you just have to remember to set the aperture.
Noel