Subject: RE: [Leica] Why fashion photography sucks
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 23:37:02 -0500

> Tim Atherton (and Austin Franklin in another message) wrote:
>
> > what's wrong with that?
>
> I would have thought that "what's wrong" about treating humans like
> objects would be self-evident.

Martin,

Obviously, some people, my self included, don't think there's a problem with
that.  Obviously, the models don't either...  In the sense of "fashion", in
general, the models are but mannequins...very pose-able mannequins.

It's the same with photographers, ad agencies/clients treat us the same
way...as objects, same with Engineers and same with burger flippers at BK.

I honestly don't understand the "issue" here you think is reasonably
objectionable.  Are you thinking of it like prostitution?

Austin

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Why fashion photography sucks)