Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW Week 1 - Jeffery
From: "Steve LeHuray" <steve@icommag.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 10:57:36 -0400

> I'm going to keep trying this PAW thing 'till I get it right. So I'm in for
> another year.
>
> http://www.jeffery-nola.com/2003_1.html
>
> Warning...not shot with Leica, or even a 35mm for that matter. But it's not
> meant to be a plug for Leica...I want constructive criticism from good
> photographers. :-)
>
> Jeffery Smith
> New Orleans, LA

Okay Jeffery -- What I like about this photo is the stormy looking water and
even stormier looking sky - plus - I am a water guy, so that makes me a
sucker for this kind of shot. It pulled mje right in to the many times that
I have stood on a seawall looking at such a scene. Beyond that there is
really not very much going on in this picture. No central element to capture
my interest. It really needs something like a person (close up) in the
scene. Having said that, my wish would be that you settle down on a genre.
In the past PAWs you have bounced from landscape, animals, portraits, kids
(I think) and street photography, sometimes color, sometimes b&w. Maybe pick
your best genre and concentrate on that.

sl