Subject: [Leica] 50/1.5 Summarit LTM
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:20:07 -0600

I bought a badly fungused 50/1.5 Summarit that I had cleaned by FocalPoint.
Other than that, it is pristine (had the original Leitz UV filter on it
which had probably never been removed. However, since it was out being
cleaned for months, I never got into the swing of shooting with it.

Anyone out there who can give me some background (characteristics) of this
lens. My Leica M book suggests that it was an improvement over its
predecessor, but isn't up to Summilux standards. I've never seen so many
diaphragm blades on a lens, so I assume that the bokeh won't look like the
Pentagon.

What are this lens's strongest points?

Jeffery Smith

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] 50/1.5 Summarit LTM)