Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Motor M
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:14:37 -0600

> Sonny,
>
> As I recall, your M6 is from the same batch as mine. This is one of
> the batches that had a defect in the counter mechanism. Mine broke
> about 5 years ago. May others have reported the same problem. The
> motor MAY have been a factor but my guess is that it was not.
>
> Ken Wilcox

Oh yes, Now I recall our conversation about that.  In fact, when the
camera was delivered, it simply would not reset to minus 3.   Leica in
New Jersey fixed it under Passport in a world's record turnaround time
of seven days from my hands, back to my hands.  That has been the only
functional problem I can recall.  The other two problems I've had with
the M6 had a great deal to do with my inability to grasp the law of
gravity, (and my camera.)

Thanks,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com