Subject: Re: [Leica] Constructive Criticism
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:19:57 +0100

> The image that started this thread was [I believe] one that was
> completely out of focus. There are several ways to criticize such an
> image, one of which is "That belongs in the trash". I don't agree with
> that approach, but maybe the images should go into a folder of failures
> with a brief note attached that indicates that at least something in the
> image needs to be in focus or that impressionism in pictorialism doesn't
> work if nothing in the image is recognizable. And a fellow LUGer can
> tell the shooter that without giving him a swift kick in the ass. A less
> punishing comment like "it doesn't do anything for me" at least shows
> that it is an attempt that didn't work. But harshly punishing comments
> meant to produce better images in the future via avoidance of punishment
> don't work at all. Avoidance of punishment doesn't motivate anyone to do
> anything. I'm sure that nobody on this forum has murdered anyone, but is
> that simply because they wanted to avoid jail time?
>
> Show me someone who says that he/she got to where he/she is today via
> avoidance of pain, and I'll show you someone who is painfully mediocre.
>
> Jeffery
I dont understand all the fuss
 i tried something hard thats all.
Incoming kid high closure was pulling the camera away from her trying to
maintain the same geometry.
Troubelsome lighting.
If you lose your ability to play and experiment your just stuck aren,t you.
At least i gave you a zero if you wish to judge your own efforts against.
I found tthe joke Ted made quite funny.
I,m not insulted at all.
Wont make  more critisicms however  nor do i expect any.
I,m enjoying your photos and will post mine.
best regards
simon jessurun