Subject: [Leica] Project Hipshot (Human Traffic redux)
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:23:10 -0500

Hi Leica dudes

Last Friday I hipshot nine rolls of Neopan 1600 (WHAT a film) on Oxford
Street without looking through the viewfinder once. Every frame of it
is now up at

	http://www.johnbrownlow.com/ProjectHipshot

Over on streetphoto we are having a 'public edit', which means anyone
who wants to can select a maximum of ten frames from the >300 on show.
In about a week's time I will ask people to email me their selections
and I will then set up a website with the results.

The idea is to see how different pairs of eyes will edit the same raw
material. It is kind of a more extreme version of my postings of sloppy
edits from the original Human Traffic shoot, which some of you may
remember. I can still remember my astonishment that other people liked
different pictures to the ones I did.

  I guess it was also inspired in part by discussions about Garry
Winogrand's famous last 5000 rolls and what might be buried in there.

If you want to take part in this project, head over to streetphoto:

	http://www.topica.com/lists/streetphoto

There is only one rule -- NO discussion of the merits of particular
pictures or any hints at your own editing choices until the whole
process is complete.

Oh yeah, Leica M4-P with 24/2.8 asph and one roll with the CV 15mm.

Johnny Deadman

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Project Hipshot (Human Traffic redux))
Reply from Michael Hintlian <michael@hintlian.com> ([Leica] FS: Leica R6.2 black body and 28mm metal finder)
Reply from Michael Hintlian <michael@hintlian.com> ([Leica] WTB: Konica Hexar AF)