Subject: [Leica] As The World Turns
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:21:27 -0800

After watching me take a few years with of Leica shots, he finally bought
himself an M6, used.  He was influenced by my taking from-the-waist  shots
in a Souk in Morocco, where photography of women was verboten.  I got
several nice shots.

The bad news was that the opportunity to buy the camera and 35 lens was due
to the selling of said outfit was due to a friend's quitting of the film
street shooter style.  He will go Nikon SLR digital.  His decision was
driven by his desire to save processing costs; no need for large prints for
99.99% of his amateur work; no darkroom; kids sports and family event street
photography; and his ( and mine) nerdy hi-techie approach to new
photography.

So my friend has left our film corps, and my son, who is 25 years his
junior, has embraced it.

The World Turns.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net