Subject: RE: [Leica] As The World Turns
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 19:51:08 -0600

Or even in this part of the world. In New Orleans East, there is an
enclosed parking lot surrounded by apartments in "Little Viet Nam" where
there is a great open market at 6:00 a.m. Saturday mornings. Live ducks and
geese, dried fish, whole catfish, and a bunch of stuff I couldn't identify.
And lots of people with traditional Vietnamese garb. Not a word of English
to be heard. Trouble is, none want their picture taken. I would rather take
a picture of an American and have him curse me than take one of a visitor
to the country and offend them in some unknown way.

I'm going to try to return with a Vietnamese interpretor sometime in the
future. Part of the problem is no doubt that food is being sold from an
asphalt parking lot.

Jeffery