Subject: [Leica] Photographin in starbucks
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:30:12 -0500

Jerry said of bd's post:

>BD
>
>First you say that you have never done that, then you encourage your
students to do just that.  Isn't >there an English word for that, besides
"catspaw". It starts with an "H" and ends in a "Y".  :-)

>> Good points, Jeffrey. And there are very few places - "national
>> security" aside - where you can't eventually work out a way to take
>> photos if your are serious about what you're doing, and have a
>> legitimate reason for photographing.
>>
>> I remember a long discussion on this list about the impossibility of
>> shooting inside Starbucks. Couldn't be done, people said. It's against
>> corporate policy, they said. Starbucks sucks, they said. Which is why
>> I challenged one of my students to do a project on a day at Starbucks
>> - http://web.mit.edu/21w.749/www/Students/aaronmihalik/finalproject/

But I think the point was that the student was able to get permission to
photograph inside the starbucks. B.d., (although I don't speak for him) I
believe was trying to point out that there is often no need to sneak photos
from the hip when a phone call will get you the red-carpet treatment. This
is very often the case, in my experience.

Kc