Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW site D L Ridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:03:18 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Jeffrey Fass wrote:
> That's your picture that makes me feel *very cold.*

It _was_ Jeffrey, man it was! It was so cold I felt like I just had to
experience it (with wool long underwear, of course). As long as you keep
moving your body generates enough heat to be comfortable. But the
condensation from my breath was reeking havoc with my finders (and
glasses). A drop of condensation feel onto the Rolleicord's focusing
screen. It splashed for a split second and then froze solid, like a
spider-web over the fresnel.

Good news from up here ... you can tell the days have turned. I think we
have about 30 more minutes of light than we had a month ago. Can't really
figure out how I'm going to dress on my way to the airport to go to
Zimbabwe. It's colder than a bucket of penguin shit (apologies to Mr.
Pynchon) but down there they are right in the middle of their hottest
season. In Sweden you can check in your winter clothes at the airport and
pick them up when you come home, but I'm leaving from Oslo. I should have
such problems more often.

Take care!
Daniel