Subject: RE: [Leica] Useful link for focus adjustment
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:13:33 -0500

Rei,

I think you should be doing this from the film prospective, as the "o" does
not move...but the L turns.  The distance from "o" to "L" does not change,
but since the film is planar with L, there is a slight deflection...

He is claiming 5.3cm, which is more than 2 inches.  The film is only 1.5"
wide, and therefore the maximum movement that could occur at 90 degrees is
.75".  So, a small angular movement of 10 degrees will hardly make for a 2"
displacement in the film position.

Austin